Matcha Chocolate Balls
I believe we digest all our emotions and therefore it’s important to pay attention to our emotional state around food and when we eat. The journey to greater level of health does challenge people yet it should also be fun and feel indulgent and I have always been an advocate of nurturing our sensation and excitement about food and sweet treats.
Finding recipes that you can indulge in without the feeling of guilt is so important for our health and balance in life. I believe that the journey towards greater levels of health it’s crucial to find our own pace and what works to be consistent weather you are going through detoxification or new lifestyle changes.
What works well for me is to incorporate healthy little treats like these delicious Matcha Chocolate Balls as they are super delicious and makes you feel satiated when craving for a sugary snacks.
For all of you with a sweet-tooth or children in “crazy-hour-mood” these are a lifesaving snack to have handy.
Bon Appetit!! <3
This recipe makes about 10 snack balls
Raw, vegan, glutenfree, sugarfree
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CHOCOLATE MATCHA BALLS:
- 100 gram cashew nuts
- 200 gram Medjool or deglet nour dates
- 2 tbsp Raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup or coconut sugar
- 25 gram Dark raw chocolate, chopped (or vegan)
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut (grounded)
- ½ tsp Matcha powder
- Blend together cashew, cacao powder, sweetener, dates, coconut oil, raw chocolate in your food processor.
- Process until a sticky mass forms.
- Roll the dough into bite size balls
- Set in the fridge.
- Grind the desiccated coconut and mix it with the matcha powder
- After they have set and firmed up roll them in matcha-coconut mix powder