Raw Vegan Tiramisu
I have been dreaming about creating a raw version of a Tiramisu and this one turned out so delicious, that I believe most Tiramisu lovers would agree!!
Even if you are not a coffee drinker this is a heavenly dessert if you like the smell and sensation of coffee yet not the caffeine rushes it leaves you with. I have found the perfect substitute for the coffee flavor which is essential for a Tiramisu dessert. I’m not a coffee drinker myself yet still love the smell of fresh brewed espresso. These flavorings will do the trick and give it an authentic touch of the original Tiramisu dessert.
“Medicine flower” makes genuine food flavors. They are all cold-processed using extraction without the use of any colorants, fillers, diluting agents or preservatives. Their flavors are wildcrafted or sustainably grown and non-GMO. (if you live in Europe you can purchase them at www.rawliving.eu)
The cashew layer on the top combined with the melted cacao butter gives it the perfect texture that feels fluffy yet firm enough to cut into beautiful pieces. If you are serving this in small ring molds use a baking plastic insert in the molds to give it sharp edges when serving it.
Bon Appetit!! <3
This recipe makes about 8 ring molds or a rectangular ceramic dish
Vegan, Raw, Glutenfree, Sugarfree
Ingredients for the crust:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 4-8 drops coffee extract from “medicine flower” ( or if you prefer 3 tablespoons organic and good quality espresso)
- ¼ tsp of cinnamon
Ingredients for the dark middle layer:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 2-3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 cup Medjool dates
- 4-6 drops Coffee extract from “medicine flower” (or 2 tbsp of espresso)
- a pinch of fine sea salt
Ingredients for the white top layer:
- 2 cups cashew nuts, soaked
- 1½ cup coconut cream (the hard part from a can of coconut or the “meat” from a young coconut)
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- 3-4 tbsp Xylitol(powdered) or light agave
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp cacao butter (melted)
- Optional (add stevia drops for more sweetness)
- To make the crust process the rolled oats, cacao powder, cacao nibs, dates, coffee extract and cinnamon in your food processor.
- Process until a sticky mass forms.
- Press evenly into the bottom of small molds or a rectangular ceramic pan.
- Set in the fridge.
- For the dark layer first process your cashews until fine.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and combine until the mass sticks together.
- Add the dark layer on to the crust and set it in the fridge again.
- Make the creamy white layer by blending cashew nuts until very fine in a high speed blender.
- Add coconut oil, melted cacao butter, agave syrup or xylitol, vanilla and stevia and blend until a smooth yet firm cream.
- In a separate bowl whip up your coconut cream until fluffy and then with a spatula carefully combine with the Cashew mixture
- Add the the white layer on top of the dark layer and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Before serving dust with cacao powder